Tuesday 30 June 2015

Blog Post!

In Ghost River, we learned about a variety of different topics, including animal tracking. My favorite topic was learning about Aboriginal people. That includes Métis, First Nations and Inuit. It was interesting because not only did they tell us about them, but they also gave us the chance to meet some of them. They told us their traditions, and some of their celebrations. We learned a whole lot about them from how they dance to how they normally act. Another part that I enjoyed was local nature. They told us cool facts about our communities, some that we never knew.

In November, we joined Ghost River Rediscovery for a girls only camp. I was amazed by how much fun this was. We got the chance to play so many fun games. Even when we left camp, we still play those games with our friends. I also went hiking. My favorite part was seeing two elks in the forest.

The last day, we played a game which was so useful because it reminded us of what we learned. This camp got me closer to nature. It taught me how to make good environmental friendly decisions. It made me aware of what is happening to our environment. It also told us how to act when coming in contact with wild animals.

By: M H

No comments:

Post a Comment